|Season Three, Episode 13|
|Air date||May 9, 2016|
|Written by||Shannon Goss|
|Directed by||Norma Bailey|
No Way Out
To The Death
- "As for Mary Stuat. I am resending my offer. I shall never name an heir unless it is my own child. To name a successor is to place a target on ones self. And so long as I live I shall be the Queen of England. And when I am dead, whoever has the most right shall successed me. "
- —Queen Elizabeth
Mary Must Decide if She Should save Elizabeth
Mary, in order to protect Elizabeth, unknowingly puts Gideon’s life in danger. To save him, Mary turns to another Englishman for help – Robert Dudley. Meanwhile, Bash is determined to track down the men behind the threats to Catherine.
Robert Dudley: Impressive. Where did you learn to shoot like that?
Queen Mary: My late husband. He thought it was a skill that would serve me well.
Robert Dudley: Well King Francis was right. Now that I've seen your abilities with a bow, I certainly won't be crossing you.
Robert Dudley: It's funny isn't in. Both of us here, we already know we've had our one true love.
Queen Elizabeth: No, Joseph Tudor will be blamed for this. The traitor has been brought home to England where I have ordered him to be drawn and quartered. That will serve as an example to anyone who dare threaten my reign.
Queen Elizabeth: As for Mary Stuat. I am resending my offer. I shall never name an heir unless it is my own child. To name a successor is to place a target on ones self. And so long as I live, I shall be the Queen of England. And when I am dead, whoever has the most right shall successed me.
Queen Catherine: If you think you are not going to talk, you are mistaken.
Lady Greer: I was willing to give up so much for you. But now I want you out of my life. Forever.
Robert Dudley: I thought he was a free man?
Queen Elizabeth: He somehow infuriated The Pope. I guess he can’t charm everyone.
Robert Dudley: He’s your ambassador, Elizabeth. You’re just going to let him die?
Queen Elizabeth: I sent him to France to woo Mary. He’s more a male prostitute than a master of diplomacy.
Queen Catherine: From where I sit- Which is on the French Throne as it’s Regent- I see The Vatican pushing around it’s female monarchs and I don’t appreciate it one bit! You can go now.
Queen Catherine: We are no longer lovers Christopher, just two people who keep each other’s secrets.
- Queen Mary Tudor, King Henry, King Francis, Amy Dudley, General Gaghan and Queen Elisabeth Valois were all mentioned but do not appear.
- Catherine's daughter Queen Elisabeth Valois who was married 4 years ago, is still living in Spain as Queen.
- The House of Valois and House of Tudor were both heavy plot points.
- This episode took place over 2 - 3 months. As it takes weeks to sail from France to England.
- Mary Stuart and Robert Dudley were officially engaged, and broken-up within 2 months.
- The Red Knights were a heavy plot points once more.
- Gideon Blackburn returned to England with his daughter Agatha Blackburn.
- Lady Greer had decided to keep her baby.
- The episode images were released on April 8, 2016.
- King Francis' Godparents were Francis I (who knighted him during the ceremony), Pope Paul III, and his great-aunt Marguerite de Navarre. Not, General Garden.
- Queen Elizabeth did tell Robert Dudley to marry Queen Mary Stuart but he refused.
- Queen Elizabeth never did name a successor.
- There was no Joseph Tudor.
- There was no General Garden of France.
|Official Pictures from each episode, and an additional 50 pictures gallery is available here.|
- Credit Order
|Adelaide Kane||Mary Stuart|
|Megan Follows||Queen Catherine|
|Rachel Skarsten||Queen Elizabeth|
|Celina Sinden||Lady Greer|
|Anna Popplewell||Lady Lola|
|Jonathan Keltz||Leith Bayard|
|Craig Parker||Lord Narcisse|
|Rose Williams||Princess Claude|
|Charlie Carrick||Robert Dudley|
|Ben Geurens||Gideon Blackburn|
|Juan Chioran||Archbishop Ridolfe|
|James Preston Rogers||Warrior|
|Spencer MacPherson||King Charles|
|Lyla Porter-Follows||Ellen Norwood|
|Stephen Tracy||Lord Thomas|
|Adam Langton||Joseph Tudor|
|Macy Drouin||Agatha Blackburn|