|Sins of the Past|
|Season Two, Episode 13|
|Air date||February 5, 2015|
|Written by||Doris Egan and |
|Directed by||Deborah Chow|
|<font-family:Trajan Pro;font color="white">Episode Guide|
The End of Mourning
- "Because I love you. And one of us should be happy."
- —Queen Mary
Francis and Mary Reunite as they learn of England's plan for retribution.
As the castle prepares for The Winter’s Ease Feast, King Antoine of Navarre reveals England's plan for revenge against France to Francis and Mary. Bash learns that an “undead” man has been seen in the village and his efforts to track the man down lead him to a mysterious woman in white. Meanwhile, Catherine finds out the cause of her hallucinations.
Queen Catherine: French refugees, please! More like he’s run through his wife’s money & she’s cut him off. Refuse him, & send him home!
Queen Catherine: Oh, that is so like him. A last gift so I never forget him or his whores.
Queen Catherine: Say that I died of consumptions while helping orphans!
Lady Kenna: I know I can be my own worst enemy, but I don’t want to be your worst enemy.
Lord Narcisse: Though Navarre may be a tiny nation, his foes don’t tend to survive.
King Francis: Another thing that makes you the man for the job.
Lady Kenna: You are terrible.
King Antoine: Tell me about your husband then.
Lady Lola: I can’t believe you're making these suggestions. The king discredited you, you don’t even have a house now.
(Lola finds Narcisse making out with Princess Claude)
Lady Lola: I just saw Narcisse with Claude.
Lady Kenna: In there!? Really...Oh I’m so sorry!
Lady Lola: I’m being courted by a handsome prince. Literally!
King Francis: How could you send me to another? How!?
Queen Mary: Because I love you. And one of us should be happy.
- Queen Elizabeth and The Tudor Dynasty are making a strong defence against Scotland and France. Believing King Francis and Queen Mary to be getting ready to try and take England and put a Catholic Queen on the throne, ever since Mary wore Elizabeth's Coat of Arms earlier that year. 
- Queen Elizabeth, King Henry, Diane de Poitiers, Queen Jeanne and Clarissa are all mentioned, but do not appear. With both Queen's having never been seen on-screen.
- The Opening Song returns.
- Nostradamus's Predictions are brought up.
- The Winter’s Ease Feast also known as First Bloom is celebrated for the end of Winter.
- King Antoine reveals he has a wife, Queen Jeanne.
- The Italian Wars were once again brought up.
- Stirling can be seen at Mary's side in her chambers.
- Stéphane Narcisse revealed he had a brother.
- Though Narcisse's titles, money, and power has been taken away, soon after this episode he is still referred to as Lord Narcisse even by King Francis.
- King Antoine and Louis Condé reveal to have had a 3rd brother, Marcus de Bourbon
- King Henry's Bible was the source of his, and Queen Catherine's poisoning.
- Graveyard Man
- The episode synopsis was released on January 15, 2015.
- Celina Sinden and Jonathan Keltz do not appear.
- Torrance Coombs live-tweeted this episode.
- Rose Williams is seen wearing her Pink Dress from her Welcome Home Party by Oscar de la Renta, but with a different top.
- This episode was dedicated to Richard M. Snider
- King Antoine and Louis Condé had 11 other brothers and sisters. None of whom were named Marcus
- The Italian Wars ended in 1559. Reign has just entered the year, 1559.
- King Antoine does have a wife in 1559, Jeanne III, Queen of Navarre, and already have one child.
- Historically many people were barred alive by mistake. That's where the phrase Save by the Bell came from. When people were not sure if someone was dead, they tied a bell to their finger. If the bell began ringing then the person would be dug up.
- Seeing an open grave in this time period would not be uncommon. Grave robbery was a popular thing in the 16th century. Thieves would dig up anyone they thought might have been laid to rest with anything of worth. It declined in popularity but was around up until the early 1900s.
- The Winter’s Ease Feast is not a real celebration. But they did look towards spring as new comings
|Official Pictures from each episode, and an additional 50 pictures gallery is available here.|
- Credit Order
|Adelaide Kane||Mary Stuart|
|Megan Follows||Queen Catherine|
|Toby Regbo||King Francis|
|Caitlin Stasey||Lady Kenna|
|Anna Popplewell||Lady Lola|
|Sean Teale||Louis Condé|
|Craig Parker||Lord Narcisse|
|Rose Williams||Princess Claude|
|Ben Aldridge||King Antoine|
|Greg Calderone||Graveyard Man|
|Alania Bale||Female Servant|
|Katie Bergin||Graveyard Woman|
|John Fitzgerald Jay||Dr. Batiste|
|Jay Kee||Village Man #1|
|Rob Notman||Village Man #2|
|Andrew Butcher||Courtyard Guard|