<----- Season Two ♔
♔ Season Four ----->
• Season Three
• Footage • Music • Quotes
• Timeline • Spoilers • Video Reviews
• Cast • Cast Photos • Cast Timeline
• Behind the Scenes
|Title||Written by||Directed by||Original air date||Production code|
|Three Queens, Two Tigers||Laurie McCarthy||Holly Dale||October 9, 2015||301|
Queen Mary struggles to hold on to her power in Scotland amidst Queen Elizabeth’s campaign to sabotage her with the help of a new ally in Queen Catherine. Meanwhile, with Francis’ fate at odds and Elizabeth distracted by temptation in her first love, Robert Dudley, both queens struggle to rule.
|Betrothed||Lisa Randolph||Fred Gerber||October 16, 2015||302|
Elizabeth must deal with the political backlash of harboring Catherine in England, while Catherine is imprisoned upon her return to France. Mary is forced to make some difficult decisions about securing Scotland’s future and Lola is conflicted in her feelings for Narcisse.
|Extreme Measures||Drew Lindo |
Wendy Riss Gatsiounis
|Holly Dale||October 23, 2015||303|
When King Antoine unexpectedly returns to Court, Mary must help Francis hide his weakening condition long enough to secure his family’s future. With the Throne in jeopardy and time running out, they must turn to an unlikely ally in need of redemption.
|The Price||April Blair |
|Nathaniel Goodman||November 6, 2015||304|
After Mary receives an urgent message from her ailing mother about the dire situation in Scotland, she finds herself looking to Francis for aid. Catherine finds herself up against Narcisse as she fights to become the regent to Charles. Meanwhile, Elizabeth faces continued pressure to wed.
|In A Clearing||Shannon Goss||Deborah Chow||November 13, 2015||305|
Grateful for a future with a revived Francis, Mary considers signing away her claim to the English throne, and staying in France forever. Catherine learns that Nostradamus has returned with a new vision involving Francis’ fate.
|Fight or Flight||Lisa Randolph||Charles Binamé||November 20, 2015||306|
Mary realizes she must help Catherine in her quest to become regent, even at the risk of hurting the alliance with Scotland. Claude is determined to help Leith marry while Elizabeth struggles with the prospect of losing Dudley.
|The Hound and the Hare||Bo Yeon Kim |
|Anne Wheeler||December 4, 2015||307|
When Prince Don Carlos of Spain visits France, Mary uncovers a dark secret he is hiding and enlists in Catherine to advise her on how to handle. When Gideon, the new ambassador from English court arrives, suspicions arise about what his true intentions are, while Bash’s pursuit of the mysterious killer comes to a head at Greer’s tavern.
|Our Undoing||Gretchen J. Berg |
|Lee Rose||January 8, 2016||308|
Mary and Catherine deal with the aftermath of Prince Don Carlos’ accident, Mary realizes that she will have to marry for the good of her country and not follow her heart. When Catherine is accused of poisoning Francis, Lola is shocked when Mary thinks Narcisse framed Catherine in order to become Regent of France.
|Wedlock||Wendy Riss Gatsiounis |
|Norma Bailey||January 15, 2016||309|
Mary becomes suspicious of Prince Don Carlos’ true condition and relies on Gideon to help her uncover the truth. Elizabeth makes a shocking discovery which could change the course of her reign over England and forces Dudley to make a tough decision. Meanwhile, Narcisse forces Claude to marry someone of his choosing, against her wishes.
|Bruises That Lie||P.K. Simonds||Megan Follows||January 22, 2016||310|
Mary struggles to resist her feelings for Gideon as she works to align herself politically with potential allies. Elizabeth and Greer find themselves in similar heart-wrenching situations with the potential for very different outcomes. Catherine and Narcisse continue their vicious power struggle over the Regency, while Claude finds herself in the fight of her life on her wedding night.
|Succession||April Blair||Charles Binamé||April 25, 2016||311|
Mary must find a powerful suitor to align herself with as Charles’ impending Coronation looms. Lola stumbles upon the identity of Elizabeth’s poisoner, while Catherine becomes a new kind of victim for the castle’s serial killer.
|No Way Out||Wendy Riss Gatsiounis||Fred Gerber||May 2, 2016||312|
Mary might have to sacrifice her cousin’s life to save her own, as she and Gideon find themselves in unchartered emotional territory. Catherine’s past returns to haunt her, while Lola and Elizabeth become unlikely allies.
|Strange Bedfellow||Shannon Goss||Norma Bailey||May 9, 2016||313|
Mary, in order to protect Elizabeth, unknowingly puts Gideon’s life in danger. To save him, Mary turns to another Englishman for help – Robert Dudley. Meanwhile, Bash is determined to track down the men behind the threats to Catherine.
|To The Death||Lily Sparks||Michael McGowan||May 16, 2016||314|
Mary realizes her need to return to Scotland is becoming increasingly imminent and that along with the help of Bash, she must raise her own army to save her throne. Elizabeth enlists Lola's help to find out information about her mother, which backfires when Lola gets caught.
|Safe Passage||Drew Lindo||Stuart Gillard||May 23, 2016||315|
Mary learns from Lola that she has a chance to get to Scotland safely, but she must act quietly and quickly. When Catherine is framed for murder, Mary must decide if she should stay to protect her, which would jeopardize her safe passage to Scotland
|Clans||Gretchen J. Berg
|Fred Gerber||June 6, 2016||316|
When Mary arrives in Scotland, she is stunned by the treacherous world it has become and is forced her to keep her royal identity a secret until she learns who she can trust. When Elizabeth jeopardizes her standing with an unbearable new suitor, Lola steps in to help, which causes the Queen to question Lola’s ulterior motives. Meanwhile, Charles secretly plots to relinquish Catherine of her power.
|Intruders||April Blair||Lee Rose||June 13, 2016||317|
With Mary presumed dead, Elizabeth enlists Lola’s help in taking the Scottish crown for herself, while Mary’s half-brother James must defend her throne from John Knox. Meanwhile, Mary comes face to face with Francis’s killer when she and Bash find themselves in the hands of a fearsome clan leader named Munro.
|Spiders In a Jar||Laurie McCarthy||Deborah Chow||June 20, 2016||318|
Mary makes a bold move to defend her reign in Scotland, which results in a battle royale with her cousin, Elizabeth. Lola is accused of a heinous crime and suffers the drastic consequences. Meanwhile, back in France, Catherine finds that Charles has returned a changed man after paying a price for his mother’s relentless quest for power.
- Robert Dudley Married to Amy and the favorite of Elizabeth. Robert has known Elizabeth since they were children and hide secrets known only to them. Despite wanting to move on from his past with Elizabeth, she uses her power to keep him close.
- Amy Dudley Married to Robert Dudley, Amy is concerned over her marriage. Robert spends much of his time with Elizabeth and rumors suggest that their friendship is more then just that. Despite these rumors, Amy fights to keep her marriage alive.
- Prince Charles, Charles is the Dauphin of France. Described as mischievous and a party-boy, he has recently returned from Spain to be taught by Francis. Francis’ time is running out however and Charles is not interested in partaking in his lessons.
- Martin de Lambert A fearless & dangerous pirate who arrives at French court. Capable of going toe-to-toe with monarchs, Martin is good at getting women into bed and leaving them glad they shared the experience.
- Nicholas A charming man who is appointed by Queen Elizabeth to be England’s ambassador to France. Little does Mary Stuart know, Nicholas is also a spy for her riva, and has a deep grudge against her.
- Don Carlos Spain’s sexy and charming prince. With aspirations to be king (a good one) and very specific sexual taste, Don Carlos will prove a point of intrigue and desire for the Royals.
- William Cecil A trusted advisor to the English Queen. William will also appear opposite Robert Dudley.
- Lady Donatella She works for Queen Elizabeth of England.
- Lady Constance Knows the power her charm, and will immediately catch the eye of Prince Charles.
- Adelaide Kane as Queen Mary
- Megan Follows as Queen Catherine
- Rachel Skarsten as Queen Elizabeth
- Torrance Coombs as Sebastian
- Toby Regbo as King Francis
- Celina Sinden as Madam Greer
- Anna Popplewell as Lady Lola
- Jonathan Keltz as Leith Bayard
- Craig Parker as Lord Narcisse
- Rose Williams as Princess Claude
- Charlie Carrick as Robert Dudley
- Ben Geurens as Gideon Blackburn
- Spencer MacPherson as Prince Charles
- Tom Everett Scott as William Cecil
- Alexandra Ordolis as Delphine
- Clara Pasieka as Amy Dudley
- Mark Ghanimé as Don Carlos
- Rossif Sutherland as Nostradamus
- Nick Lee as Nicholas
- Nathaniel Middleton as Christophe
- Jonathan Goad as John Knox
- Dan Jeannotte as James Stuart
- Lewis Kirk as Martel de Guise
Reign begins its third season with Mary and Francis realizing that they are more powerful together than apart, believing there is hope for them to move forward, leaving behind the anger and hurt. It also introduces us to another Court, that of Elizabeth, “Virgin” Queen of England. Still early in her reign, Elizabeth faces opposition on all sides, particularly from men who doubt a woman’s ability to rule. Like Mary, and Catherine de Medici, she struggles to hold onto power, and love; the women have much in common, and Mary and Elizabeth are reluctant foes, but foes nonetheless, each positioned by birth and fate to destroy all the other holds dear. - Laurie McCarthy
- Laurie McCarthy (66 episodes, 2014-2016) - (creator)
- Stephanie Sengupta (66 episodes, 2014-2016) - (creator)