|Queen Mary Stuart ♔|
|IRL:||History's Mary, Queen of Scots|
|Real Name:||Mary Stuart|
|Title:|| Mary, Queen of Scots|
Queen of Scotland
|Predecessor:||King James V|
|Born:||December 8, 1542|
|Dies:||February 8, 1587|
|Originally From:||Linlithgow, Scotland|
|Current Location:||Edinburgh, Scotland|
|Husband:||King Darnley †|
|Parents:|| Marie de Guise † (Mother)
King James V † (Father)
|Family:||James Stuart (Half-brother)|
|Children:|| Prince James Stuart (Son)|
Unborn Child †
|Interests:||Gideon Blackburn (Ex-Lover)|
|Affiliations:|| Kingdom of Scotland |
Kingdom of France
|Portrayed by:||Adelaide Kane|
- "It's terrible. Especially if we think we can save each other.
We can't. We can only love each other."
- —Queen Mary to King Francis
Mary Stuart is the Queen of Scotland, as the only surviving child of James V of Scotland. Her father died days after her birth, and she inherited the crown. She had been engaged to the then Prince Francis since they were children, and when they were 16, they were married. A year later, when her husband became the King of France, Mary became Queen Consort. She had a miscarriage and later engaged in a short affair with Louis Condé until he tried to take the crown from her husband. When Francis died she returned to Scotland and has since married King Darnley.
Must See Episodes
- Left Behind
- Acts of War
- In A Clearing
- Our Undoing
- Blood in the Water
- All It Cost Her
Mary Stuart is a passionate woman with a clear moral compass. She tries her best to be fair and wants to be a strong leader. Mary is very caring and sympathetic, as seen with her dealings with Clarissa. She also has a strong sense of duty and had no romantic or sexual relationships before arriving in France the second time.
The young Queen Mary of Scotland, Prince Francis and his older half-brother, Sebastian all met when they were 6-years old at French Court. Mary and Francis were already engaged, and Mary was living in France for protection from England.
The three were playmates and the younger two were educated together. They were constantly seen running up and down the stairs, making fun of each other and playing games in the courtyard.
Two years later at 9-years old, Mary was forced to leave after an assassination attempt on her life was made by the English. Mary was no longer safe so was sent to live at a a Convent with her new caretaker, Mother Superior, until she was to be married.
- Nostradamus made a Prediction about Francis and Mary that follows them throughout the series.
- If Francis and Mary wed, it will cost young Francis' his life. 
- Mary owns a young Scottish Deer-hound named Stirling. 
- Mary was almost sexually assaulted by Colin MacPhail on the order of Queen Catherine. 
- Mary owns two Royal Rings that she is often seen wearing.
- A portrait of King Henry's mother Claude of France can be seen in Mary's chamber.
- Nostradamus made another Prediction about Mary.
- Life will offer many challenges, you will meet them with grace. 
- Mary Stuart has her first kiss with Prince Francis when they were 16. 
- Mary has her first sexual experience with Prince Francis. 
- Delivered a healthy baby girl to Isobel Derant. 
- Mary stopped Clarissa from murdering the two young French Princes, but in doing so possibly killed her. 
- Married Prince Francis in a lavish wedding ceremony. 
- Became Queen of France after King Francis' Coronation. 
- Pregnant with Francis' child, but lost it soon after. 
- raped by two Protestant extremists, when they couldn't murder King Francis. 
- The Catholic Church assassinated a dozen people to keep her affair with Louis Condé a secret. 
- Prince Charles agreed to marry Mary after his brother's passing. 
- Began to have feelings for, followed by an affair with Louis Condé. 
- Francis and Mary agree, if they had children they would name them 'Anne' and 'James'. 
- Signed her name, 'Marie' in the French spelling for the first time, and historically continues this for the rest of her life. 
- Mary and Don Carlos meet, and both expected an engagement. 
- Don Carlos and Mary were formally engaged, but it was called off 2 hours before their wedding.  
- Has considering marrying King Eric of Sweden twice.
- Returned from The Vatican with money and reinforcements. They later revealed they only agreed to help if she accepted Queen Elizabeth's offer as her successor.  Realizing it was a plot agents both Queen, she had Elizabeth informed, who reseeded her offer. 
- Robert Dudley and Mary were officially engaged for 2-3 months before it was called off. 
- Mary and Darnley consummated their engagment. 
- Discovered she was pregnant with King Darnley's child.   
- Had her second wedding to King Darnley.
- Discovers Lord Bothwell was secretly the Loyal Watchmen  
- Witnessed David Rizzio murder, while pregnant. 
- Two days after David Rizzio's murder, Mary and Darnley escaped Holyrood Palace they parted ways, and never saw each other again. 
- Mary is responsible for the deaths of at least seven people. Count Vincent who she stabbed when he attempted to rape her.  Cortenza de' Medici who she had framed for the kidnapping of the Queen of France.  Lord Eduard Narcisse who she had locked up with infected member of court for murdering The Purvilon Family.  Severin and her two other attackers for their involvement in her rape.  And Munro for his involvement in Francis's murder. 
- Mary has had sexual encounters with King Francis,   Louis Condé,  and Gideon Blackburn.  and King Darnley. 
- Adelaide Kane, is a descendant from the real Mary, Queen of Scots through her mother's side.
- Young Mary Stuart was portrayed by Sophie O'Brien.
- Mary Stuart was born December 8, 1542 and became Queen on December 14, when she was 6 days old.
- Mary's real title was Mary I of Scotland, or Mary, Queen of Scots.
- Mary, Queen of Scots was actually 5'11, and a redhead.
- December 1543 – March 1551 The War of the Rough Wooing was a war between Scotland and England. Following England's break with Rome, they attack Scotland, partly to force Scotland to agree to a marriage alliance between its child Queen, Mary, Queen of Scots and King Henry VIII's son and heir, Prince Edward.
- One of King Henry II's famous mistresses was Lady Janet Stewart who was Mary, Queen of Scots' half-niece and had an illegitimate son with Henry. She also had another daughter named Mary Fleming, who later became known as one of 'The Four Marys' as a lady-in-waiting to Queen Mary.
- Mary Fleming and Mary, Queen of Scots, were First-Cousins.
- King Henry II's sister, Madeleine of Valois, was her father's King James V's first wife.
- Mary Seton and Mary Beaton, two of Mary's Ladies-in-Waiting's mom's were Ladies-in-Waiting to her own mother, Mary of Guise.
- Her father King James V, sought the hand of Catherine de' Medici before her marriage to King Henry
- Mary was briefly engaged to Prince Edward of England when she was 6 months old, and for an even shorter time considered for King Philip of Spain's first son, Don Carlos who was 4 years her junior.
- Mary actually signed her name as 'Marie' throughout her life due to her French upbringing.
- April 4, 1558 Mary knowingly signed a secret agreement bequeathing Scotland and her claim to England to the French crown if she died without heirs.
- She and Francis partook in a secret wedding ceremony. Their public wedding took place on 24th of April in 1558 at the Church of Notre Dame in Paris.
- Mary, Queen of Scots had briefly met her future husband, Henry Stuart, Lord Darnley in February 1561 when she was in mourning for King Francis II. Darnley's parents, Lord and Lady Lennox, who were Scottish aristocrats as well as English landowners, had sent him to France ostensibly to extend their condolences while hoping for a potential match between the two.
- Mary returned to Scotland on 19 August 1561, after King Francis II's death when she was 18 years old.
- History's Mary, Queen of Scots and Lord Darnley were married on On 29 July 1565 in Mary's private chapel at Holyrood Palace in Edinburgh, Scotland.
- Mary, Queen of Scots's brother James Stuart attending both of Mary's weddings.
- Lord Ruthven reported in June 1563 that he had joined Mary, Queen of Scots's privy council.
- David Rizzio and Mary, Queen of Scots had known each other for approximately 5 years as they had met in 1561, after Mary's return to Scotland, until his death in 1566.
- On 2 April 1566, Lord Ruthven sent their testimony on David Rizzio's murder to Queen Elizabeth I, declaring they had acted the best for King Darnley, Mary, Queen of Scots, state and religion.
- Mary Beaton's aunt, Janet Beaton was mistress to Lord Bothwell, who later become the 3rd husband of Queen Mary.
- Mary, Queen of Scots was 7 months pregnant, and was held at gunpoint and David Rizzio was stabbed numerous times. He was stabbed 56 times by King Darnley, and his friends. His murder was lead by Patrick Ruthven, 3rd Lord Ruthven
- Two days after David Rizzio's murder, a disillusioned King Darnley switched sides, and Mary, Queen of Scots received her brother, James Stuart at Holyrood Palace. On the night of March 11/12, Darnley and Mary escaped from the palace and took temporary refuge in Dunbar Castle before returning to Edinburgh, Scotland on 18 March. The former rebels James Stuart, Argyll and Glencairn were restored to the council.
Pages relating to Mary Stuart are the following:
• Mary Stuart
• Mary, Queen of Scots
• Mary Stuart's Fashion Style •
• Queen Mary and Prince Francis' Wedding
• Mary and Francis • Mary and Condé • Mary and Don Carlos
• Mary and Catherine • Mary and Lola • Clarissa and Mary • Mary and Sebastian
• Mary's Rings • Mary Stuart's Kill Count • Queen Mary's Room
• Adelaide Kane's Fashion Style
• Adelaide Kane
|King:||Henry Darnley (Regant)||Queen:||Mary Stuart|
|Heir:||Prince James Stuart||Lands:||Kingdom of Scotland|
|Title(s):||Mary, Queen of Scots · Queen of Scotland ·|
|Ancestors:||King James Stuart IV of Scotland · King James V of Scotland|
|Current members:||James Stuart ·|