|IRL:||History's Mary Fleming|
|Real Name:||Lola Fleming|
|Title:|| Lady Lola
|Originally From:||Linlithgow, Scotland|
|Current Location:||Linlithgow, Scotland|
|Husband:|| Lord Narcisse
Lord Julien (Estranged)
|Parents:|| Malcolm Fleming (Father)|
Janet Fleming (Mother)
|Family:|| Fredrick Fleming (Brother)
Robert † (Brother)
|Interests:|| Louis Condé (Ex-Fiancé) |
Colin MacPhail † (Fiancé)
|Affiliations:|| Kingdom of Scotland |
|Portrayed by:||Anna Popplewell|
- "You are my Queen and we are your subjects. We're here in service to you. Whatever that means, whatever that costs us."
- — Lady Lola to Queen Mary
Lady Lola Fleming Narcisse was one of the Ladies-in-Waiting and a close friend of Queen Mary. She was briefly married to Lord Julien, who is publicly believed dead, and has since given birth to King Francis' only child. In Spiders in a Jar, Queen Elizabeth had her decapitated.
Must See EpisodesEdit
- Long Live The King
- Slaughter Of Innocence
- The Plague
- Extreme Measures
- Our Undoing
- Spiders In a Jar
Lola is brave, but is very stubborn and can be a little rude. She is loyal to her Queen, and has a deep caring nature about her, but is prone to lash out when upset. She craves for love and is scared of being left alone. Her wish to find love often makes her reactive and she would often use her heart more than her head. She's shocked how vicious the French Court was when her beloved was killed. Throughout the series she starts being quite smart with how she interacts. She always tried to do the right thing but doesn't always make it. She became pregnant with Francis' child while he and Mary were not engaged.
Lola was hand-picked by Marie de Guise to be a playmate, and when older, a Lady-in-waiting to Queen Mary when they were both little girls. Years later, Lola dated a Scottish boy named Colin MacPhail who worked on a farm, Lola lived with her family until she was sent to France in service of Queen Mary once more.
- Lola was engaged to Colin MacPhail before his death. 
- Colin and Lola were each other's first kisses. 
- Nostradamus made a Prediction about her. 
- "You'll meet a dark, handsome stranger. Be wary of flattery."
- Lola met 'Lord Julien' who turned out not to be who he said he was 
- Lola and Colin lost their virginities to each other. 
- Lola was approximately 3 months pregnant with Francis' child when she tried to get an abortion.
- Married Lord Julien to cover up her pregnancy. 
- Lola and Lord Julien's house is set on fire, and burned to the ground.
- Lola is the mother of King Francis' first and only son, Baron John Philip 
- Lola was disowned by her family after King Francis publicy recognized their child. 
- Received her dowery from her marriage with Lord Julien back from Lord Narcisse
- Engaged to Louis Condé upon the request of Queen Mary. 
- Married Lord Narcisse in a quick wedding the same day she was proposed to, in a lavish wedding. 
- After being disowned by her family, Lola received a message from her mother, and agrees to be exchanged for her father and brothers in England.  
- Narcisse murdered his scribe to keep his secret from her. They separate soon after she found out. 
- Was locked in The Tower of London twice. 
- Beheaded on order of Queen Elizabeth, after her involvement in the Queen's assassination attempt. 
- Lola is revealed to have a mother, father, and three brothers, however previously it was revealed Lola and Fredrick Fleming were the other surviving member of their family.  
- Historically, her name, as well as the names of the other Ladies-in-Waiting of Mary, Queen of Scots, was known to also be Mary. This led to them being called the Four Marys.
- Lola is based after Mary Fleming who was a granddaughter of James IV of Scotland.
- 5-year-old Mary Fleming and her mother accompanied Mary, Queen of Scots to live at the French Court of King Henry II of France. Mary Fleming's father having died the previous year in the Battle of Pinkie, so her mother had an affair with the French king, the product of which was a son born in 1551.
- Married the much older William Maitland of Lethington who was 17 years her senior.
- William Maitland was so infatuated with Mary Fleming that he wrote to William Cecil about it.
- King Francis never had any children.
Pages relating to Lola are the following:
• Lola's Fashion Style
• Lola and Francis • Lola and Mary
• Lola and Julien's Wedding • Lola and Narcisse's Wedding
• Lola and Colin • Lola and Julien • Lola and Narcisse
• Anna Popplewell