|Season Two, Episode 15|
|Air date||February 19, 2015|
|Written by||Laurie McCarthy and Nancy Won|
|Directed by||Charles Binamé|
The End of Mourning
- "You are on the cusp of loosing your country."
- —Marie de Guise
Amy Brenneman Guest Stars
Mary’s mother (Amy Brenneman) returns to advise Mary that her throne is in jeopardy. Mary makes a shocking proposition to Condé, along with a bold move to reclaim her throne. Francis moves closer to Lola after a setback with Mary, while King Antoine makes Kenna an interesting offer.
Lady Kenna: I don’t think my husband is going to approve of me helping you... I don’t think he’s going to come to ‘’your’’ party.
Lady Kenna: You want to give me 300,000 gold deniers...To go shopping?
Marie de Guise: You are on the cusp of losing your country.
Marie de Guise: Either you or Elizabeth will rule Scotland and England. Make an heir and it will be you.
Sebastian: I don’t think it’s a good idea for me to go to a social event when the man hosting it knows I killed his brother.
Lady Kenna: How many more battles for you, and lonely nights for me until it’s all done?
Queen Catherine: For the stability of the realm a king's visit to a queen’s chambers must be witnessed.
Lady Lola: It was one night!
Marie de Guise: One night! Don’t flaunt your bountiful womb at me!
Marie de Guise: Do you know what happens to disposable Queens?! They are disposed of!
Marie de Guise: Remember your role in her demise. I know I will.
King Francis: I don’t want to live separate lives, or move on with anyone!... But you do?
King Francis: Did you come to me because you were afraid to go to him, or because you wanted to secure your rule in Scotland?!
King Antoine: Who knew vengeance could be quite so invigorating.
Lady Lola: It's nice that you’re here and want to marry our son to that ugly baby!
Queen Mary: You seem me as a weapon!
Queen Mary: I am utterly alone. But when I look at you, I feel I am better for it.
Lady Lola: He didn’t even offer me a bath! And he always offers a bath.
Marie de Guise: I wanted the world for you. I wanted France and England to fall at your feet.
Queen Mary: Lay down your burdens mother. So I am no longer your worry.
Queen Mary: Since I was a babe I have been a Queen. Since I was a child I have been alone, on foreign soil. I know how to keep my life, and my crown. And I will.
Louis Condé: When I’m near you, I am aware of every breath you take. And when I’m away, even the wind in the trees reminds me of you
- Queen Elizabeth, James Stuart, Duke of Guise, John Philip, Prince Charles, Prince Henri, and King Antoine's wife, Queen Jeanne were all mentioned but do not appear.
- There was no opening song for this episode.
- Two months have passed since Mary's rape.
- The Duke of Guise's high treason agents the crown is covered up in light of his murder.
- King Antoine left a ruby for Lady Kenna along with the strawberry's from the previous night.
- John Philip is engaged to the daughter of The Duke and Duchess Von Amsberg, related to the famous Habsburgs.
- Sebastian's accident involving Tomás of Portugal the previous year is brought up, along with his old feelings for Mary.  However his also warned about someone's death who is close to him.
- Marie de Guise announced she is dying, presumably cancer.
- Mary Stuart announces she wants to return to Scotland.
- Mary confesses to Louis Condé she has feelings for him too.
- King Antoine wants to marry Kenna once his wife passes away.
- Queen Elizabeth wants to marry Louis Condé.
- The drug Lola accidentally drank was Opium.
- The episode synopsis was released on January 30, 2015.
- This was Amy Brenneman's first appearance of Season Two.
- This marks the first time ever two episodes in a row were written by the same people.
- Though Jonathan Keltz and Rose Williams are credited, they do not appear.
- Opium was used for recreational purposes in this century until the early 1900s.
- Marie de Guise died on 11 June 1560 at 44 yeas old from Edema.
- Mary, Queen of Scots does return to Edinburgh, Scotland after her marriage to King Francis.
|Official Pictures from each episode, and an additional 50 pictures gallery is available here.|
- Credit Order
|Adelaide Kane||Mary Stuart|
|Megan Follows||Queen Catherine|
|Toby Regbo||King Francis|
|Celina Sinden||Lady Greer|
|Caitlin Stasey||Lady Kenna|
|Anna Popplewell||Lady Lola|
|Sean Teale||Louis Condé|
|Craig Parker||Lord Narcisse|
|Amy Brenneman||Marie de Guise|
|Ben Aldridge||King Antoine|
|Alexandra Ordolis||Sister Delphine|
|Anastasia Kokolakis||Duchess Von Amsberg|
|Justin Strazzanti||Duke Von Amsberg|