|IRL:||History's Don Carlos|
|Real Name:||Don Carlos|
|Title:||Prince Don Carlos|
|Born:||8 July 1545|
|Wife:||Queen Mary (Ex-Fiancé)|
|Parents:|| King Philip (Father) |
Princess Maria † (Mother)
|Family:|| King Charles V † (Grandfather) |
|Interests:|| Queen Mary of Scotland|
Anna of Austria
|Affiliations:|| Kingdom of Spain|
|First appearance:||The Price|
|Portrayed by:||Mark Ghanimé|
- "Many Queens might meet my needs. But only you,
meet my desires."
- —Don Carlos
Don Carlos, a very attractive and eligible Spanish Prince. The fist son of the king King Philip, and on the prowl for his own Queen to gain power and wealth sooner. He is very charming and well educated and appears genuine.
Don Carlos is nothing like the man expected of him. He is charming, playful, and he enjoys adventures. He wants to play a game where he is chased by Mary through the woods. And, he wants Mary to whip him, sexually.
Don Carlos sailed from Spain specifically to meet her majesty Queen Elizabeth. He had written to her already, seeking an audience with the new Queen. Upon meeting her, he revealed though they were a good match politically, he wanted her as his bride because he was tired of waiting for his father, King Philip to die. He wanted to be a King. Elizabeth said he would consider his request. 
Days later, Elizabeth told him she was interested in his marriage proposal. However, a rumor had started circulating about her and Don Carlos requested she lift her skirt to prove her female status. Elizabeth refused, insulted at his bold and very rude accusation and sent him on his way, thus ending their brief relationship. 
Don Carlos left England for Austria and was courting Archduchess Anna of Austria for a few weeks. Things were going well until she found out about his sexual fetish. They both viewed his fetish, and her discomfort with it as a deal breaker and ended their relationship.   After, he made his way to France to court the widowed Queen Mary of Scotland. 
- Fight or Flight - (Mentioned)
Greer told Mary Stuart The Spanish alliance from her marriage to Don Carlos would empower her and their nation against Queen Elizabeth, and having Spain would allow her to bring Lola and her family home alive.
- Playing With Fire - (Mentioned)
- Catherine's spies informed Mary Stuart that Don Carlos of Spain was looking for a wife. 
- The son of The king of Spain and looking for a Queen to marry so he may become a king. 
- Informally engaged to Queen Elizabeth. 
- Brought up the rumour of Queen Elizabeth being a man that were started by Amy Dudley  to Queen Mary weeks after leaving England. 
- Had been courting Archduchess Anna of Austria after leaving Queen Elizabeth's court weeks earlier. 
- Wish to marry Queen Mary prior to his accident. 
- Don Carlos and Mary meet, and both expected an engagement. 
- Don Carlos and Mary Stuart's were formally engaged, but it was officially called off, 2 hours before their wedding.  
- Don Carlos, Spain’s sexy and charming prince. With aspirations to be king (a good one) and very specific sexual taste, he will prove a point of intrigue and desire for the Royals. 
- Belonged to the House of Habsburg and the House of Aviz
- Don Carlos had a sexual fetish, however, it didn't occur until after his head injury. 
- It was heavily rumored, by multiple people of importance, Don tortured and abused animals.
- Don Carlos didn't have his head injury for another 2 years in 1562 when he was 17. 
- Archduchess Anna of Austria was 32 years old in 1560, and had already married 14 years earlier with several children already. Don Carlos would have only been 15. 
- There were two Don Carlos in the 1500s. The first was more commonly referred to as Charles V, Holy Roman Emperor who was already king, and the father of King Philip II, but died in 1558.
- The 2nd Don Carlos was Carlos, Prince of Asturias and was the first son of King Philip II and his first wife, Maria Manuela. He died at 23 years old.
- Was betrothed to Princess Elizabeth of France, and years later, her younger sister, Princess Margaret.
- Briefly in talks to marry Mary, Queen of Scots, and Anna of Austria.
|Three Queens, Two Tigers||Betrothed||Extreme Measures||The Price||In A Clearing||Fight or Flight||The Hound and the Hare||Our Undoing||Wedlock|
|Bruises That Lie||Succession||No Way Out||Strange Bedfellow||To The Death||Safe Passage||Clans||Intruders||Spiders In a Jar|
|With Friends Like These||A Grain Of Deception||Leaps of Faith||Playing With Fire||Highland Games||Love & Death||Hanging Swords||Unchartered Waters|
|Pulling Strings||A Better Man||Dead of Night||The Shakedown||Coup de Grace||A Bride. A Box. A Body.||Blood in the Water||All It Cost Her|
Pages relating to Don Carlos are the following:
• Don Carlos
• History's Don Carlos
• Don Carlos and Mary • Don Carlos and Elizabeth
• Mark Ghanimé