|IRL:||History's David Rizzio|
|Real Name:||David Rizzio|
|Dies:||9 March 1565|
|Originally From:||Edinburgh, Scotland|
|Wife:||Lady Jean Gordon †|
|Parents:||Patrick Hepburn † (Father)|
Agnes Sinclair † (Mother)
|Affiliations:||Kingdom of Italy|
|First appearance:||Unchartered Waters|
|Portrayed by:||Andrew Shaver|
- —David Rizzio
Lord Bothwell is a prominent Scottish nobleman, with an infatuation for Mary Stuart.
It is revealed in Coup de Grace that David is a homosexual, and used this as a leverage for Mary. However, his threat to Lord Ruthven was proved to be deadly, as Ruthven desperately wanted to seal the secret about his sexuality that he accused David of adultery and ordered his execution in front of Mary.
David Rizzio was traveling from the Kingdom of Italy to the Kingdom of Scotland, after his cart broke he was captured by druids. Among them was Sebastian who forced him to deliver a message to Mary Stuart.
In A Better Man
In Coup de Grace Lord Ruthven, the Lord Treasurer was accepting bribes, and other financial wrongdoing. David Rizzio found some discrepancies in the privy council ledger. David had found proof that in addition to cheating The Crown, Ruthven was also swindling his fellow Nobles.
InA Bride. A Box. A Body. - (Mentioned) The next morning, Lord Bothwell and his men took back the castle from Lord Ruthven and his army. For the crimes of high treason and insurrection against the crown, and the murder of David Rizzio, Lord Ruthven was sentenced to death, by Queen Mary. 
In All It Cost Her - (Mentioned) After Mary Stuart son, Prince James is returned to her she is reminded of the prophecy Sebastian sent her through David Rizzio. That her heir would unite both Scotland and England in peace.
- David Rizzio was an Italian courtier, born close to Turin, a descendant of an ancient and noble family still living in Piedmont
- There is evidence that David Rizzio was sexually involved with a man
- David Rizzio and Mary, Queen of Scots had known each other for approximately 5 years as they had met in 1561, after Mary's return to Scotland, until his death in 1566.
- David Rizzio was murdered on March 9 March 1566. Mary, Queen of Scots who was 7 months pregnant, was held at gunpoint and Rizzio was stabbed numerous times. He was stabbed 56 times by King Darnley, and his friends. His murder was lead by Lord Ruthven.
- On 2 April 1566, Lord Ruthven sent their testimony on David Rizzio's murder to Queen Elizabeth I, declaring they had acted the best for King Darnley, Mary, Queen of Scots, state and religion.
|With Friends Like These||A Grain Of Deception||Leaps of Faith||Playing With Fire||Highland Games||Love & Death||Hanging Swords||Unchartered Waters|
|Pulling Strings||A Better Man||Dead of Night||The Shakedown||Coup de Grace||A Bride. A Box. A Body.||Blood in the Water||All It Cost Her|