|Season Two, Episode 22|
|Air date||May 14, 2015|
|Written by|| Laurie McCarthy and |
|Directed by||Fred Gerber|
Three Queens, Two Tigers
- "The moment Condé became your lover he needed to die. Even he knew that."
- —Queen Catherine
There is Only Room for One Queen
Mary risks everything to take down Condé, even as Francis believes she is turning against France. Catherine makes a bold move and meets with Queen Elizabeth (Rachel Skarsten) in a stunning plot to seek revenge on Mary. Meanwhile, Kenna has a secret that will seal the fate of her relationship with Bash.
Queen Catherine: Francis, how many times must you pay the price for ignoring my council?!
Queen Catherine: If we die, it is at her hands. And if we survive, I will never forgive her!
Louis Condé: When my guns are ready, I will attack. And by tomorrow night either he, or I will be dead.
Princess Claude: I'm telling you, I know what I saw. The danger is not only outside our walls, it's inside as well.
Gigi: It's a plague! Solders gave me the plague!
Louis Condé: Fall in, report to your units!
Gigi: It's a plague!
Louis Condé: Stop screaming that, you're causing a panic...Ashes! There is no plague, it's a hoax!
Louis Condé: And our baby, was that a lie as well?
Queen Mary: Yes.
King Francis: Now is the time to attack!
Sebastian: Attack? Even if half of Condé's men run, he'll still outnumber us, our men will balk.
King Francis: Which is why I'm going to lead the charge.
Queen Catherine: In the dungeon recovering from his wounds thankfully. Now he can live long enough to feel the axe cut off his liar head from his traitorous body.
King Francis: I've already sent for Lola and my son to come home. I'm ending this struggle with diplomacy, not war. Now, have you more to say. You say that I ignore your councle, so let's hear it.
Queen Catherine: I believe I've made myself clear.
General: Kenna, I'm so sorry, if there was anything I could do to remove suspition from you.
Lady Kenna: It wouldn't matter. I'll carry our relationship with me, no matter what.
General: You don't have to. Say whatever you want about my memory, I'll be dead.
Louis Condé: I did not harm your son!
Narcisse: As it turns out there is one thing worse than being hated by Catherine de Medici, and that is being loved by her.
Queen Catherine: Once Condé became your lover, he needed to die. Even he understood that.
Queen Catherine: Ruling requires your hands be drenched in blood.
Lady Kenna: I want to remember you like this. As the girls we once were. I hope you'll remember me that way too.
Queen Mary: It's terrible. Especially if we think we can save each other. We can't. We can only love each other.
Queen Elizabeth: Catherine de' Medice, What a pleasure to met someone so legendary. Common lor is that your teeth are filed to ba points and your eyes are black with rage. Yet here you are. Lovely as a sunny day.
Queen Catherine: You radiant warmth and beauty yourself. Through I know you are responsible for the death of nearly a thousands men in France, just this month alone. My son was nearly one of them.
Queen Elizabeth: Oh, well you musnt listen to gossip.
- Prince Charles, Prince Henri and King Antoine were all mentioned, but do not appear.
- A mysterious man makes his second appearance in the castle.
- Queen Elizabeth makes her first on-screen appearance.
- Mary Stuart revealed her pregnancy to be fake.
- Mary Stuart stops the revolution by stabbing Louis Condé.
- Greer is allowed to return to court for the first time since her banishment.
- Nostradamus returns for the last episode, after fleeing court in Drawn and Quartered.
- King Francis strips his mother, Queen Catherine of all her titles, money and power, he then banishes her from court back to Florance, Italy or The New World.
- King Francis is revealed to be dying.
- Kenna reveals she is pregnant with General Renaude's child.
- Queen Catherine travels to England to meet and work with Queen Elizabeth.
- Despite being mentioned several times during season two, Prince Charles and Prince Henri never appear.
- Kenna and Greer are the only two main characters of both seasons never to have killed anyone, with Princess Claude joining the list this season.
- Narcisse and Catherine are officially broken up.
- Sebastian and Kenna are officially broken up.
- Condé and Mary are officially broken up.
- Greer and Leith are officially broken up.
- Francis and Mary are officially back together.
- The episode title was released on March 26, 2015.
- The episode synopsis was released April 22. 2015.
- The episode's Promotional Images were released April 30, 2015
- This marks Caitlin Stasey, and Sean Teale last appearances as series regulars.
- Caitlin Stasey, and Sean Teale didn't reprising their roles in Season Three. However, Rachel Skarsten become Main Cast as Queen Elizabeth.
- Adelaide Kane, Megan Follows, Torrance Coombs and Caitlin Stasey are the only 4 actors to appear in every episode of Season One and Two of Reign.
- History's Queen Elizabeth was 25 when she became Queen of England.
- History's Catherine de' Medici and Queen Elizabeth never met.
- King of Imereti was a real king and country based off a younger George II.
- The New World is a reference to North America, mainly Canada and America. Coinsedenly enough, King Francis II's grandfather, King Francis I had sent explorers there in 1524.
|Official Pictures from each episode, and an additional 50 pictures gallery is available here.|
- Credit Order
|Adelaide Kane||Mary Stuart|
|Megan Follows||Queen Catherine|
|Toby Regbo||King Francis|
|Celina Sinden||Greer Castleroy|
|Caitlin Stasey||Lady Kenna|
|Anna Popplewell||Lady Lola|
|Jonathan Keltz||Leith Bayard|
|Sean Teale||Louis Condé|
|Craig Parker||Lord Narcisse|
|Rose Williams||Princess Claude|
|Rachel Skarsten||Queen Elizabeth|
|Vincent Nappo||General Renaude|
|Alexandra Ordolis||Sister Delphine|
|Pascal Langdale||Church Official|
|Ava Markus||Maid Servant|
|Charles Vandervaart||King of Imereti|